You may be interested to read some commonly asked questions from our clients regarding our services:
1. What is Your Fee Schedule?
Our fees are based off the scope of work. We endeavor to charge a flat design fee when possible. However, sometimes smaller jobs will be billed at an hourly rate depending on scope of work. Trademark Design offers A-La-Carte Services (listed here) that add flexibility for your needs and to fit your budget.
Our Design Fees Cover:
- Schematics, space planning, lighting design, renderings and finish selections of new materials
- Preparation of estimates and purchasing
- Coordination with contractors, architects and installers
- Subsequent consultations with the client and suppliers
- Researching sources for materials or products
- Overall project management and overseeing installations
2. What Should I Have Prepared For Our First Meeting?
A questionnaire is commonly sent to you before your consultation, but to help you get started here are some things to think about:
- Create a Pinterest board or collect clippings from magazines and photos of items and decors that appeal to you!
- Think about colors, styles and materials you like.
- Know what you want to accomplish. What the room or house should provide you when finished.
- Should it be formal or casual? Traditional or contemporary? Modern or eclectic?
- Know your objective and lifestyle needs.
- Establish a time frame that works for you and your family.
- Have a budget in mind and be honest about it with your designer. Having a ball park figure is a good start!
3. Why Do I Need an Interior Designer?
Whether you need a little help or a lot, from answers to a few questions on color selection or furniture layout to help on planning and completing a complicated remodel or new construction project, the advice and guidance of an Interior Designer is invaluable.
Having a professional Interior Designer on your team who has the knowledge and experience of countless similar projects as well as the information and expertise for finding the exact products and trades-people you need to get the best result for your project is priceless. Working with an Interior Designer will help you to move seamlessly and efficiently through the project, as well as help you prevent costly mistakes or side-steps along the way.
4. How Soon Will I Receive My Design?
Please allow 3-5 days for the delivery of your design service recommendations, unless otherwise noted.
5. Why Should I Pay For a Designer When Some Retail Stores Offer “Free Design Assistance” or Workshops?
Workshops are amazing. We will always encourage attending these, even if for nothing other than simply gaining inspiration! While it is true that many retail establishments may offer “free” advice and assistance, that doesn’t always mean they are formally trained to do so. It is also true that although the advice they offer you is complimentary, at the end of the day they are sales associates and their primary loyalty and obligation is often to their employer.
6. Designer VS Decorator:
You may have occasionally heard the terms for Interior Decorator and Interior Designer interchanged. However, there is a difference between the two titles. An Interior Decorator generally refers to someone who deals with finishes, surfaces, furniture, and wall coverings. Also, an Interior Decorator may work in a variety of venues from a design showroom to a remodeling retail store.
An Interior Designer is a more specialized career field, requiring a certain combined level of education, work experience and/or licensing. An Interior Designer may create spaces for the inside of a commercial office building, design the lighting for a restaurant, work as a consultant for a home builder, or select the furnishings of a home. An Interior Designer may also deal with issues of safety like accessibility and building codes.
7. What Isn’t Covered in Your Costs?
Items such as drafting or renderings services, freight and/or postage charges, and delivery and/or storage costs, parking, tolls, restocking fees (where permitted) and, on occasion, fuel are not included in design fees.
8. When Is The Payment Due?
The client must pay, according to our terms, when an invoice is presented. A client shall pay the designer a non-refundable deposit which establishes a minimum fee for all design services. This deposit will be credited against all fees payable to the designer upon completion of the project.
All major credit cards are accepted and securely processed via PayPal‘s merchant services. A $7.50 PayPal processing fee may apply.